Articles > Crewe station parking - car parking reviews
Crewe station parking - car parking reviews
Which is the best car park for you at Crewe station?
In the vicinity of Crewe station there are about 10 car parks within easy walking distance.
Parking charges and security levels vary considerably. While Crewe isn’t a vehicle crime hotspot by any means, it still seems to make sense to avoid the car parks through which late night revellers might pass on their way home, especially if you’re parking overnight.
Equally it makes no sense to pay through the nose to use the "official" station car park (see photo) when there are lower cost options with similar security about the same distance away.
Here are our findings. The Crewe station parking options are all here:
- Pedley Street (Official short stay) - 3 minute walk - 40 mins free then £10/hour
- Great for dropping off a friend or relative and helping them onto their train. Check your watch when you arrive though - 40 minutes can disappear quickly sometimes!
- This is a convenient, barrier-controlled car park. Use this one if you want to spend £12 per day.
- This is a new (2015), barrier-controlled car park. It also costs an outrageous £12 per day. This is what people must pay, when they haven’t done any research.
- This is a new (2016) private car park. It costs a very reasonable £5 per day and is the closest of the lot. However it has no security and is right on the corner of Weston Road where hundreds of pedestrians can walk through daily.
- It’s small and becomes full quite early. You can’t pre-book.
- This is a standard council car park with no security. Pedestrians can walk right past your car all day long.
- This is a standard council car park with no security. Pedestrians can walk right past your car all day long. Also this car park is used as a pedestrian cut-through used by late night revellers.
- This is a private, unsecured car park on a patch of spare land.
- This is the lowest daily price in town but is very small and often becomes full quite early which can cost valuable time as you will have to find somewhere else if it’s full when you arrive. You can’t reserve spaces here and, the elephant in the room... maximum stay: 11 hours.
- This is large car park for the football ground. No reservations and quite a walk if you have cases.
- Allocated parking in a business park called Macon Court. Barrier controlled and illuminated at night. Off the beaten track for pedestrians. Reservations only (you can’t just drive-in and park). Click here to book.
Around Crewe railway station are quite a number of car parking options however they official car parks are extremely expensive and most of the low cost options are insecure and have pedestrians walking around, sometimes late at night. If you can get a space at Crewe Station Parking that’s probably going to be your best bet because:
Please share if you found this article useful
Like our Facebook Page